We realise that selling your home can be a stressful time and will work with your solicitor to ensure that our involvement in the process is as trouble free as possible.
To allow us to assist your solicitor during the process, we will require them to contact us 28 days in advance of the sale proceeding and will require the following information:
- the property address
- the date of the sale
- the purchaser’s name(s)
- details of the purchaser’s solicitor
Where we are given 28 days notice of the property sale, we will charge an administration fee of £62 (plus VAT), for the provision of the following information:
- the current outstanding balance
- details of any repairs reported but not yet billed
- details of any planned investment work under consideration and estimated costs if available
- buildings insurance information
- an estimate of the retention required to be held by your solicitor, to clear your factoring account
The administration fee is payable to us in advance of the information being provided and will increase to £93 (plus VAT) if we do not receive 28 days notice of the sale.
We will aim to issue a final bill to you within 6 weeks of the sale completing and will ask your solicitor to settle the outstanding balance. If your account is in credit we will issue a cheque to your solicitor for the amount due to be refunded.
We do not hold copies of planning documents or completion certificates. If you or your solicitor require this information, please contact Glasgow City Council’s Building Control department.
If you have any questions or need further information regarding your property sale, please contact one of our finance staff on 0141 763 1317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org